I will be at the Global Edge Institute
at the Tokyo Institute of Technology
from November 2006.
Hi! And welcome to my homepage.
hope you will
enjoy the stuff you will find here. Who am I? I am
an Asst. Professor (Research) -postdoc- in the High energy physics group
at Brown University
in Providence, RI, USA.
Here are some things about me:
Stefan Luchian, "Peisaj cu casa de tara" (Landscape
with village houses), Brukenthal Museum, Sibiu,
Nicolae Grigorescu, "Taranca
vesela" (Merry peasant woman)
Wooden Maramures church from "Muzeul satului"
(Museum of the Romanian Village), Bucharest.
- Here are some jokes sent a few years ago by a
- are a compilation related to physics,
- chemistry, etc., a lot of them inside jokes
(some of them I don't
- understand myself-like the ones related to
- If you are a string theorist (or at least had
some interest in it),
- or if you are into Star Trek, check out Warren
- homepage. (he is a Proffesor at YITP in Stony
- If you are a physicist -and likely even if
you aren't- you will
- definitely appreciate this page: MC Hawking "Stephen Hawking"
- (of course not really him...)
gangsta' rapping about everything,
- including physics. Check out the mp3s and
newspapers and media
- -Romanian newspapers and
online radio listings
- Romanian culture
- Romanian neolithic art: "Ganditorul "
By comparison, "The Thinker"
- (the thinker) and "Femeie Sezand" (sit- of
Auguste Rodin., 1881.
- ting woman), of Hamangia culture, app.
- 5000 B.C. Romanian Museum of Natio-
- nal History
"A Muse", by Constantin Brancusi
"Coloana infinitului" (The
(1918), one of the fathers of mo-
dern sculpture. Notice the
evolu- Jiu, Romania,
tion of art since 5000 B.C....
by Constantin Brancusi.
And another great column from Romania's history, Trajan's
column, Rome. Brancusi made a connection between the
past and the future in more than one way.
- -Detroit Romanian
cultural organization (good Romanian overview)
- -Biblioteca romaneasca(virtual
library and cultural center; links to other cultural sites)
- -Editura Teora(technical
oriented publishing house)
- -Editura Humanitas(humanistic
oriented publishing house)
- -Prima Pagina(good
starting point for links to anything romanian)
- -Divertis (The best of
Romanian humor- Divertis group-they have some mp3's as well)
Victoria (Romanian virtual shop in USA)
- -Romanian Village
(a guide to Romanian diaspora)
- -Romanian Roots
(New England romanian association)
-Gibson wines (Romanian
wines in Massachussets :) )
Museum of Art
- Homepages of some friends
(Onur T. Mentes)
- -Ionut's (my cousin
links: -Princeton University
- -High Energy Group at the Physics
Dept. of Princeton University
-The Providence Journal
Disclaimer:Any opinions expressed in this page
are mine and not those of Brown University.
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold